hiraeth, n. Originally and chiefly in the context of Wales and Welsh culture: deep longing for a person or thing which is absent or lost; yearning; nostalgia; spec. homesickness.
La Tène, n.
I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
pantechnic, adj. Relating to or including all the arts, or all subjects.
stromboli, n. A type of savoury pastry made with dough (typically pizza dough) that is folded over or rolled up to enclose a filling of cheese and meat or vegetables.
retcon, n. In a fictional work or series: a piece of new (and typically revelatory) information which imposes a different interpretation on previously described events…
sotong, n. In Singapore English: squid or cuttlefish. Used to denote a stereotypically stupid, clumsy, or ignorant person, esp. in blur as (a) sotong.
craftivist, n. A person who creates and displays handmade objects, esp. items incorporating knitted or sewn text or imagery, to promote a political message or raise awareness of a social issue.
sui-similar, adj. Similar to itself; having no variety or diversity.
phronesis, n. Wisdom personified.
sari-sari store, n. In the Philippines: a small neighbourhood store selling a variety of goods.
oliver current, adv. Smoothly, without hindrance, according to plan.
- In a Momentous Discovery, Scientists Show Neanderthals Could Produce Human-Like Speech March 1, 2021
- Every Point Is A Supermassive Black Hole In Most Revealing Astronomical Study Ever March 1, 2021
- Facebook’s Oversight Board Must Uphold the Ban on Trump March 1, 2021
- Can You Spot The Perseverance Rover in This Breathtaking Satellite Image of Mars? March 1, 2021
- Long Before The Pandemic, The UN Was Urging Us to Transform Our Economic System March 1, 2021
hiraeth, n. Originally and chiefly in the context of Wales and Welsh culture: deep longing for a person or thing which is absent or lost; yearning;...