hiraeth, n. Originally and chiefly in the context of Wales and Welsh culture: deep longing for a person or thing which is absent or lost; yearning; nostalgia; spec. homesickness.
No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
pantechnic, adj. Relating to or including all the arts, or all subjects.
stromboli, n. A type of savoury pastry made with dough (typically pizza dough) that is folded over or rolled up to enclose a filling of cheese and meat or vegetables.
retcon, n. In a fictional work or series: a piece of new (and typically revelatory) information which imposes a different interpretation on previously described events…
sotong, n. In Singapore English: squid or cuttlefish. Used to denote a stereotypically stupid, clumsy, or ignorant person, esp. in blur as (a) sotong.
craftivist, n. A person who creates and displays handmade objects, esp. items incorporating knitted or sewn text or imagery, to promote a political message or raise awareness of a social issue.
La Tène, n. Of, relating to, or belonging to a culture (lasting from the 5th to the 1st cent. b.c.) of the second Iron Age of central and western Europe, and the style of art associated with it.
phronesis, n. Wisdom personified.
sari-sari store, n. In the Philippines: a small neighbourhood store selling a variety of goods.
oliver current, adv. Smoothly, without hindrance, according to plan.
- In a Momentous Discovery, Scientists Show Neanderthals Could Produce Human-Like Speech March 1, 2021
- Every Point Is A Supermassive Black Hole In Most Revealing Astronomical Study Ever March 1, 2021
- Facebook’s Oversight Board Must Uphold the Ban on Trump March 1, 2021
- Can You Spot The Perseverance Rover in This Breathtaking Satellite Image of Mars? March 1, 2021
- Long Before The Pandemic, The UN Was Urging Us to Transform Our Economic System March 1, 2021
hiraeth, n. Originally and chiefly in the context of Wales and Welsh culture: deep longing for a person or thing which is absent or lost; yearning;...