(Small Animal Specialist Hospital/Facebook) NATURE Vets in Australia Had to Pull an Entire Beach Towel Out of a Python's Stomach ASHLEY COLLMAN, BUSINESS INSIDER 2 MAR 2020
Monty the python's eyes ended up being bigger than her stomach when the snake swallowed an entire beach towel whole.
A video that went viral this week shows doctors at the SASH animal hospital in New South Wales, Australia prying the beach towel out of the snake's belly while it was under anesthesia.
They included a camera on the end of the grabbing tool used to pull it out, so you can see the inside of the snake as the towel is removed.
Doctors were able to get the towel out quite easily, and Monty was discharged from the hospital that same day. Her owner reported to the hospital that she is "back to her happy, hungry self".
Watch the full clip below:
This article was originally published by Business Insider.
More from Business Insider:
- Pete Buttigieg receives an outpouring of support after suspending his 2020 campaign
- The US has reported 2 coronavirus deaths among at least 85 cases. Here's what we know about the US patients.
- The coronavirus death toll has surpassed 3,000, with more than 89,000 infected. The US has reported 2 deaths. Here's everything we know.
- The US just reported its second coronavirus death — another patient in Washington state
- Chatbots 101: How AI is Fueling the Disruptive Force in Customer Relations